Do you want to validate, co-create or ideate your product with actual end users in a real environment? Do you want to increase the chance of a successful market introduction of your medical-technological innovation? Then think of working with a Living Lab! Discover all the options and services offering of our EIT Health Living Labs network.
Who should apply
All organizations seeking to try, or to improve, their products are invited to work with the EIT Health Living Labs network. It has wide geographic coverage throughout Europe and wide coverage of thematic areas in the EIT Health – such as MedTech, digital health or e-health – allowing a diverse group of organizations to benefit from the network.
Main features of our work
- Joint work: We know that working together gives you access to the best results. For this reason, we have created a network linking a wide variety of specialized Living Labs and Test Beds facilities across Europe. The EIT Health Living Labs network ensures coverage of the most complex innovation processes throughout the various phases of the value chain.
- End users as beneficiaries: We believe the end user is the one who knows best what he wants. We work at incorporating the end users to the innovation processes as a key element to guarantee a successful outcome.
- Quality guarantee: We add the right environment and the required expertise for the ideation, co-creation, development and validation of new methodologies, technologies, services or products for health and healthcare sector.
The Living Labs and Test Bed programme to accelerate start-ups and SMEs was launched in 2018, and has four phases:
- Periodical calls (monthly): Start-ups and SMEs from Europe can request access to the services of the European network of living labs and test beds focused on the healthcare domain, and the EIT Health living labs network.
- Analysis of applications and needs: A group of experts from the project consortium analyses applications, performs a needs analysis, and selects living labs and test beds that are best suited to the applicant’s needs.
- Matchmaking and contact: This phase exists to agree upon, define and organise the specific service to be provided.
- Follow up: Both the living lab or test bed and the start-up will be monitored by a living lab expert, who is responsible for the project network to accompany the process. They will gather information to evaluate the proper functioning of the programme, and make any necessary improvements.
The application for living labs programme is open all year along. However, the start-ups which are applying for financial support please check out here page for recent updates.